Hey there, so this is my pretty much a breakdown of what I use on a daily basis in my makeup routine and what I use for special occasions.
The first thing I’d like to say is everyone is different and what works for me might not work for other people. My skin has always been a combo between oily in my T-zone (that T shape your forehead and nose make incase you didn’t know) and dry on my chin and some spots on my cheeks. I don’t have any really big visible blemishes anymore (mostly because my skin care routine is bomb asf; I’ll get into some other time). I still don’t like to go too hard with my makeup unless it’s a special occasion. This is a total cliche but ‘less is more’ is the realest shit I’ve ever heard when it comes to makeup.
My go to for everyday makeup, is these 6 products:
- Maybelline NY dream BB cream with pomegranate extract in the shade 120 medium sheer tint
- Adjusts to skin tone
- SPF 30
- 0% oils
2. Airspun Loose Face Powder in shade Translucent
- Ultra smooth
- Long lasting
- Smells amazing like fresh laundry
3. Essence Make Me Brow gel mascara
- basically a dupe for benefit cosmetics ‘gimme brow’ or ‘boy brow’ by glossier
- easy applicator and lasts all day long!
4. Milani Baked Blush in the shade Bella Bellini
- Good with my skintone
- Can also double as a highlighter because it’s a shimmery pink
- Blends super well
5. My fav within my faves: Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
- Pretty packaging! (I like to look at pretty things, sue me.)
- Easy applicator
- Makes lashes look like falsies without all the trouble
- Works for special occasions too
6. Last but not least, I’m not really a lipstick or liquid lipstick girl, always ends up on my water bottle or rubs off and ends up making me look weird so I stick to lip gloss most days. Doesn’t really matter what kind but right now I’m actually using something I got in my ipsy bag (will share in a later post my obsession with subscription boxes) it’s a lip treatment by the brand Hanalei which is based in Hawaii and it’s in the shade ‘rose’
- Kind of thick but super pigmented and shiny
- Comes in a tube but goes on just like a gloss
*All products are cheap and you can find at any target except for my Too Faced mascara, you gotta get that shit online but it’s so worth the $23. I fucking promise you.
These next products are good for any special occasions like weddings/funerals, events, a night out, etc.:
- Too Faced Born This Way foundation in the shade Nude
- Medium to full coverage
2. Maybelline NY Instant Age Rewind concealer in shade light/pale
- Erases dark circles
- Full coverage
- Easy sponge applicator
- Blends well
3. Laura Mercier loose setting powder in shade translucent
- Needs no introduction
- Obviously amazing
- Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about
4. Tarte combo: Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer in the shade park ave princess and Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in the shade idol
- Both shimmery/shiny
- Blush can double as a highlight
*All products are in the more pricey range only because I think for special occasions the more high-end stuff works better for me, especially if I’m going to be taking a lot of photos or videos. This doesn’t discount the drugstore products for special occasions, these are just MY favorite special occasion items.
* Click here to see my eyeshadow breakdown & some of my favorite eyeshadow palettes!
xoxo Darcy Mae Modica