As I got more interested in makeup, I realized early on I was not going to be one of the girls who could have a million eyeshadow palettes. It just wasn’t in my budget and I didn’t want to have to invest in more storage space than I already have for my makeup. SO, I devised a plan to hit all my bases when it came to eye shadow colors.
I thought to myself, you really only need 4 different palettes that have the colors you want or 1 palette with everything. Since I’ve never been able to find a reasonable priced palette with everything, I thought I’d just get 4 different ones. My breakdown goes a little something like this:
- Natural/nude shades
- Bright, multi-colored/rainbow colors
- Flirty/Girly ( night out, weddings, date night, valentine’s day colors)
- Smoky eye shades
There are so many palettes out nowadays that fit this criteria and you can go drug store or high end, it really just depends on what you’re willing to spend. Here are some of my favorites for each category.
- Too Faced Natural Love palette comes with 30 shades for $59. The colors range from nudes and warm browns to light pastels in pink and purple. It’s actually a combo of other Too Faced palette colors all together in one place.
- Morphe 35B Color Glam palette comes with 35 colors for $23. There’s every color of the rainbow in matte and shimmer.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance with 14 shades for $42. These colors are more flirty with neutral and berry tones mixed in. It’s my go-to night out palette.
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky with 12 shades for $54. Urban Decay is having a sale right now so it’s actually $27. Huge savings. This palette is filled with the bronzes and taupes to the grays and blacks that are mandatory when it comes to creating the perfect smoky look.
* All these palettes are on the more expensive side but they are only my favorites. I know some great cheaper ones if you aren’t looking to break your bank account and make it cry. Click here to check them out!
xoxo Darcy Mae Modica